MINI & YOUTH RUGBY TRAINING, FIXTURES and EVENTS
MINI & YOUTH RUGBY:
Even though the Rugby season has finished for our Mini and Youth
Teams, our U13’s – coached by Shane Gill, Jason Llewellyn and
Stuart Campbell and assisted by Mark Younge and Marcus Flynn
have one more important fixture this weekend.
They are in the Final of the Leinster School/Youth League vs
Balbriggan. Venue is Donnybrook with a KO at 3.10p.m. on Pitch 2
on Sunday 6th May 2017.
Give this team your support and come to Donnybrook on Sunday.
There are many rugby finals being played, starting from 12 noon and
running until 6pm.
We wish our U11’s Team an enjoyable weekend as they finish their
season with a trip north to Belfast where they are participating in a
blitz being run by Malone Rugby Club on Saturday and a visit to W5
on the Sunday when they will return to Dublin.
— — o0o– —
We would like to extend our congratulations to Andrew and Siobhan
Baird whose son, Ryan, has been selected to join the Leinster
Academy next year. Andrew Baird has been involved as a Coach in
Mini and Youth Rugby up to recent times with all his sons. We wish
Ryan every success and look forward to following his career on the
Check out the IFRU new spirt rugby Positive Sideline Behaviour
New Player Safety Section
We have also created a new section of the website where parents can learn more about player concussion and the new IRFU concussion protocols for players, coach and parents. We urge you strongly to please look visit it. In the section we have videos you can watch to help you better understand this important issue. To visit this section click here
Special rules for the pitch in Donnybrook
- Players must use ‘detox’ grill at the entrance gate to clean their boots before going on to pitch
- If a ball is kicked outside all weather pitch area – if it needs to be cleaned use a towel just like if it was a wet ball
- The pitch surface must be kept as a clean surface all the time
- Spectators must keep behind the fence. Parents, Siblings, Buggies etc are NOT allowed on the pitch
- Coaches/Subs/Managers etc: Only those wearing rugby boots are allowed on the pitch.
- Team coaches/managers/parents etc: Please remember you cannot enter the pitch unless all guidelines are followed
- No jumping over the fence to get on to the pitch – you must enter through a gate and ‘detox’ grill.
- No food or drink, other than water, allowed on the pitch area
- Donnybrook is a Non Smoking stadium